- 2019 nov 23: T.B.A.
- 2019 nov 22: T.B.A.
- 2019 nov 2: T.B.A.
- 2019 okt 18: T.B.A.
- 2019 okt 17: T.B.A.
- 2019 okt 12: Algorave at Zaal 100, Amsterdam NL: Live Show
- 2019 okt 04: T.B.A.
- 2019 sep 28: Bring Your Own Beamer at Nicolaïkerk, Utrecht NL: Live Demo
- 2019 sep 22: Algo~Rhythms #4 at WORM, Rotterdam NL: Live Show
- 2019 sep 14: Urban Dance & Digital Culture at Neude, Utrecht NL: Live Show
- 2019 sep 07: GogBot Festival at Oude Markt, Enschede NL: Live Show
- 2019 sep 06: BEK, Bergen NO: Live Demo
- 2019 sep 04: LoudMatter Live at Østre, Bergen NO: Livecoding Visuals
- 2019 aug 23: NLCL Meetup w/ Alex McLean at STEIM, Amsterdam NL: Live Show
- 2019 jul 25: Emute Lab at Rose Hill, Brighton UK: Live Show
- 2019 jul 22-26: MIMIC Recidency at Humaties Lab, Sussex University UK
- 2019 jun 29: Makers Meet & Eat at Raum, Utrecht NL: Talk and Live Coding Jam
- 2019 jun 27: Work In Progress #25 at Lava, Amsterdam NL: Live Demo
- 2019 jun 27: HKU Exposure, Utrecht NL: Live Show
- 2019 may 21: Night of the Nerds at Klokgebouw, Eindhoven NL: Live Demo
- 2019 may 02: hku café: ZzZzzZZzZzZzzzzz at EKKO, Utrecht NL: Live Show
- 2019 apr 28: Algo~Rhythms #3 at WORM, Rotterdam NL: Live Show
- 2019 apr 12: React Conference, Amsterdam NL: Live Show
- 2019 apr 04: Algoparty Droidcon at Bunker, Turin IT: Live Show
- 2019 mar 08: Beam This! #3, Haarlem NL: Exhibition Livecoding
- 2019 mar 01: Drop the Milk at Filmcafé, Utrecht NL: Live Show
- 2019 feb 09: Processing Community Day at Fiber, Amsterdam NL: Live Coding Jam
- 2019 feb 07: Coda Modula Obscura at WORM, Rotterdam NL: Live Show
- 2019 jan 26 : Processing Community Day at SensorLab, Utrecht NL : Live Show
- 2019 jan 18 : ICLC 2019 at Medialab Prado, Madrid SP: Paper and Poster publication (ENG)
- 2019 jan 13 : Sounds Like Soup, Amsterdam NL: Live Show
- 2018 dec 20 : End of the Year Code Jam, Utrecht NL: Live Show
- 2018 nov 24 : Forever Young at Overkill Festival, Enschede NL: Live Show
- 2018 nov 03 : Algorave at Ekko, Utrecht NL: Live Show
- 2018 nov 03 : Live coding meetup at SensorLab, Utrecht NL: Talk and Q&A (ENG)
- 2018 nov 01 : Algemeen Dagblad: article and video-interview (NL)
- 2018 oct 31 : Focus Radioshow at NPO Radio 1: interview (NL)
- Paper in Proceedings of International Conference on Live Coding 2019
- Poster for International Conference on Live Coding 2019
Collected Livecoded Sessions
About the project
Mercury is a live coding environment/language with its main purpose to program audiovisual compositions live. It is named after te planet Mercury. Mercury rules the creation and expression of our mental processes. The planet implores us to express ourselves. Communication, intellect and awareness are all within Mercury’s domain. Mercury is about a quick wit, quick thinking. It lets us move from one thing to the next. Mercury not only represents our communication, but also coordination. Mercury analyses, sorts, groups, and makes sense of things.
The programming environment has its own language that focusses on quick and hands-on live coding, in which the performer has a versatile and powerful language with various pre-designed sounds to choose from and program with. The performer can apply various algorithmic composing techniques in the form of list processing techniques to generate unique patterns in melody and chords or poly-rhythmic structures. Besides that the language is designed in such a way that it is more clear for the audience to follow what the performer is doing. The environment produces sound, but also visuals. So besides looking at the code, the audience is also looking at the visuals that are reactive to the sound or generated by the sound.